Monday, May 14, 2012

Sloth Sanctuary - Day 2

We start work at 6 am with morning feeding. These are three sloths in my section. Aww....


They are eating fresh leaves picked from almond trees. These guys definitely know it's feeding time and all three rush the door when you approach. Then they hang down, open wide, and wait for the food.

After sloth breakfast, we get to eat and take a break. After that? Oh, it's nursery time. I have Sylvanna and Mike has Cory. Need I say more? Probably not, but I will tell you a fun fact anyhow. With Bradypus sloths, you can't actually tell their gender until their patches form on their backs at about 2. So although they have gender specific names, we don't actually know what gender they are. Either way, super cute.



After our shifts ended at three, 7 of us took the bus into the town of Cahuita. We walked along the beach and had some drinks at Coco's. Excellent Mojitos. 



Now I'm exhausted. It's way past our bedtime.....



1 comment:

  1. "...all three rush the door..." - REALLY?!? Rush the door? Oh my...

    ReplyDelete