Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 12 - Our 2nd Day Off

Today was our second day off and we actually managed to sleep in until 6:45 am. Then, at 9 am we were picked up to go zip-lining in Limon. It was super fun - neither Mike nor I had even been before. There was 9 lines in total and the maximum height (relative to the ground, not absolute elevation) was 115 metres. We had two guides take us out and they carry your camera for you to take photos and video.






At the encouragement of our guides, we even did it with a little style on the last line....



I also finally got to see a poison dart frog. Interestingly, they are also called blue jean frogs. In the cooler (and I mean that relatively) climates, their legs are blue, making it look like they are forever in blue jeans.


We had lunch back at the sanctuary and then headed into Puerto Viejo for 2-for-1 mojitos (the only way they appear to be sold in Puerto Viejo) and dinner at a vegetarian & vegan restaurant - Veronica's Place. After all the rice and beans we've had here, I don't think I have ever been so happy to have pasta in my entire life. Don't get me wrong, our everyday food is delicious, but I do like variety. Unlike Michael who claims he will be making rice and beans his daily breakfast...




And for your daily dose of sloth, here's a cute close-up of Ubu :)


2 comments:

  1. I also had a Soursop Leaf and Garlic tea before dinner to help me fight off parasites. :)

    http://i.imgur.com/6DQiH.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool trip! You both look like you're having a great time. Enjoy the rest of it. And (now for the cliche joke) please bring home a sloth in your suitcase! -Cousin Char

    ReplyDelete