Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 13 - Polish National Geographic

Late post again. The internets were down at the sanctuary, so I'm posting from our hotel in San Jose. For now though, I'll pretend it's still yesterday. 

Interesting day today. Eight people from Poland arrived and are here to film a show, write a magazine article, and write a chapter for some book. They are with National Geographic Poland. While we've never heard of her, the host is apparently a celebrity and is quite accomplished - there was quite a buzz on the compound about her. The show will mainly focus on interviews with Claire and Judy - from what we understand it's about women doing work abroad. However, they also filmed us doing nursery time and prepping the afternoon veggies.



So needless to say, the sanctuary was a bit more hectic than usual. 

Now for something interesting about baby and young sloths. One of the things that I noticed about Ubu was that his hair by his ears was always puffed out and I thought it made him look extra cute. Today I found out why. Baby sloths - and in this case juvenille - will suck on the cartilage of the ear. A sloth pacifier if you will. Below is a picture of Yodo cuddling Ubu and doing just that. 


Lastly, I just liked this photo that Mike took of Capser and Camilla, so I thought I'd share it.


1 comment:

  1. Casper and Camilla are impatient for their dinner...

    ReplyDelete