Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 10

Today I found out something I would have rather not known. There are scorpions here. This fellow is now outdoors, but was originally found in the room next to us.


And now to quickly fill your brain with something much more cute, here are pics of Mike taking Arthur for a walk and of me taking Ubu for a walk. 



My walk with Ubu was very rewarding. Poor Ubu is mostly paralyzed from the waist down. That doesn't stop him though as he has excellent upper body strength. He is also very friendly and comes right to say hi when you go in his cage. During this morning's feeding, he gave me big hugs. So I decided he should come out for a walk. He was so super excited and interested in everything. He even was moving his front arms like he was climbing, even though he was all nestled into my arms :)

In the evening a bunch of us went into Puerto Viejo. First stop was for a quick swim.


After that, we went and had a few drinks and snacks before heading back to the sanctuary.


It was a good thing our table had a couple of candles too, as the power went out in all of Puerto Viejo for about 10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I guess they left scorpions out of the brochure...can't see why.

    ReplyDelete